Saturday 18 September 2010

Sundays Hate Campaign... A Little Early.

Tomorrow, I will still have my 'Sundays Hate Campaign, in which I remind Ben Collins of my hatred for him. I actually don't hate a lot of people, and hate is a strong word, I only use it when I really mean it. And when you take something that I love away from, thats when I use it... Ruthlessly. Today was the launch of The Suns new Saturday Magazine called 'The Buzz' almost instantly I was slapped in the face with this image...


The paragraph underneath reads:
"He May look a bit 'Middle Managment', But behind that drives-a-Mondeo exterior is a superhero. For Ben Collins - Formerly Top Gears The Stig - is ex-military and Bond movie stunt man.
"Your readers can judge whether I look like superman" He says. "All I see when I look in the mirror is a bloke who hasn't slept in a week."
Could that be down to the court case that followed The Stig's removal of his helmet after six years of anonymity?
Ben says: "I felt The Stig's life span was over, so it was a case of jump or get pushed.""

What. The. Actual. Fuck? Read that last line again..
"I felt The Stig's life span was over, so it was a case of jump or get pushed"
Excuse me Mr. Collins, but who said you can choose when The Stigs life was over? And why do you think it's okay to destroy something that somebody else has created? Just because YOU think it's over? That doesn't sound like a superhero to me. Sounds a lot like a supervillian. Selfish and greedy. Remember the famous Barack Obama quote "People will judge you on what you can build, not what you can destroy." Andy Willman and Jeremy Clarkson created The Stig, so it's down to them to decide when his time is up, not some snotty twat from Bristol. Or anyone else for that matter. What makes this a lot worse, to me at least, is that he's being put on a pedelstal by 'The Buzz'. I mean, you read it yourself, they actually called him a superhero. That pissed me right off. I know for a fact that it's not just me who loved The Stig, I also nkow for a fact a lot of kids looked up to The Stig. I've actually had a child say to me "I want to be like The Stig when I'm older" Well, not now you don't kid, because if you turned out like him, everyone will hate you. Ben hasn't just destroyed The Stig, he's destroyed something within the Top Gear basis, and any respect people had for him. And yes, I used to respect Ben. I used to wacth him in F3 and both Le Mans races he raced in. I would have even called myself a 'fan' of sorts, just as I'm a fan of Schumacher, or anyone in racing (With exception to Alonso, I dislike him a lot) And now I have nothing be hatred for him. He's the personification of everything I hate. Greed, deceit, show boating, you name it, I bet he has the quality. And no amount of Military work of Bond films will ever change that for me. It's something impressive. A lot of people are in the military or were, whats so exciting about him being in the military? Anyone could have been that Bond stunt driver.

Ben, do yourself a favour will you... Put your clothes back on, no one wants to see your chest, take that smug look off your face and fuck off. You are now a media puppet. Enjoy it while it lasts and lets hope you get enough money from it to replace the money you would still be getting from The BBC if you'd kept your whiney little trap shut. And in the future, if you want to take your clothes off for a free newspaper magazine, don't use The Stigs image... It's not yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment